Friday, February 19, 2016

DIY Wedding - My Daughter's

For the past two years I have been working on and off on my oldest daughter's wedding.  It turned out absolutely beautiful.  So, I have to share some of my DIY projects with you.

First, I created two backdrops made from PVC pipe.  I found my directions on Pinterest here. I found it so easy to cut the PVC on my husbands Compound Miter Saw.  Trust me women, if I can use it, so can you! 

One backdrop was going to be for the ceremony and the other was for the photo booth.  I found inspiration for the ceremony backdrop from this picture in Pinterest.  I have to be honest, I wasn't as detail oriented as the person who created that amazing piece.  However, mine didn't turn out too bad.




















We decided to have the ceremony and the reception in place.  So, the backdrop not only served for the actual ceremony, but then went behind the head table to serve as the backdrop there.  I think it looked great.  Those are large paper flowers in the corners and sheers that I had here at home.



Here is the backdrop during the ceremony and during the reception:







The theme to the wedding was Mardi Gras since it was held on February 6th of this year and Fat Tuesday was on February 9th. 



This was our table views.  I created the lanterns, with the help of The Gentleman Crafter, Jim Hankins.  He designed the pattern for the lantern for me.



On the chargers were individual masks, the napkin and the menu's that I merged into a "Cootie Catcher" or "Fortune Teller" (whatever we called them as kids).  I was inspired by this pin on Pinterest.

Here is my end result.  I created the template in Publisher, I think. 



I also handmade the bouquets.  They were all brooch bouquets.




Here are the guys boutonnieres:


I also added some brooches to the cake knives so that they were tied into the theme:

There were tons more custom decorations. So, I thought I would share just one more.  I created some special glasses for the bride and groom:



I can create custom decorations for any wedding, just contact me via my etsy store or comment below.

Crafter's Window

0 comments: