Saturday, February 20, 2016

Cricut Explore Air!!!!

I recently (finally) upgraded my old Cricut Expression to the new Cricut Explore Air!  I'm so thrilled, I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying it.  Immediately upon opening, I went to work to learn how to operate and produce the "test" card they walk you through.
 Can I just say, what a cute card?!


Not only was it extremely easy, but so stinkin' cute!  Of course, that wasn't enough for me.  So, I continued to another project that I have been wanting to do for a while.  I am a member to the Lia Griffith website (well worth the money folks) and have fallen in love with so many of her designs.  I recently downloaded the Peony and wanted to produce this, but definitely am not good at fussy cutting.  So, it has been on the back burner for a while.  UNTIL NOW!!!!

I learned how to upload an SVG and even learned that my current Microsoft Edge Browser wasn't a great browser for the Cricut Design Space.  Customer service was even wonderful!  So, I then had to open my Google Chrome browser to find that it worked perfect there when I went to cut, unlike the Microsoft Edge browser.  Anyway, back on topic, the flower is wonderful and in a matter of minutes I had learned how to group portions of the cut together, move some to a new mat and then cut them all as one project.   AMAZING!!!!!  

I'm not great at the petal forming yet, but I think it looks pretty darn good for being my first one!  What do you think?


I was even a good girl and sold my old Cricut Expression today.  Was weird to see it go.  Seems like it has been such a huge part of my family for so long now.  But, it was nice to know it was going to a new Cricut user.  Her Aunt bought it for her to start out on.  Hope she gets as much use from it as I did. 

Anyway, hopefully more Cricut projects to share tomorrow.



0 comments: