Monday, April 11, 2011

Define Your Blog Week

Well, here it is: Define Your Blog Week! What is that you ask? I really wasn't sure. I joined into this project because a new blog friend was doing it on her blog and I thought it sounded like it could help me build my blog and maybe even guide me to understand what I really want from this blog. So, who is this amazing friend who thought of this unique idea? Why it is Sarah at Modern Country Style of course!

So, Sarah states that she is going to be posting on Inspiration, Renovation, and Creation and then having her linky party on the 14th. So, if it is good enough for Sarah, it is good enough for me! Today Ms. Sarah started with Inspiration....so shall we.....

Inspiration for my projects is usually based on a need or a found item that I just couldn't resist. Recently, I was reading a post by a blogger that I found interesting. She mentioned that she had gone junking with with a fellow blogger and her friend would only pick up items that she could place in her home or knew what project she would do with the item. However, I am so the opposite! If I find a bargain, I will usually try everything I can to get that item and then figure out what to do with it later. Probably why my studio likes like a project from the show "Hoarders".

Like my friend Sarah, once I find a project or item to work on, I search the internet for like items and/or ways to proceed. A perfect example of this was a post I did a while ago on my studio and reorganizing it. Before I ever started my project of my office, I went out to the web and pulled down tons of photos of studios that inspired me for either color, organization, etc.

Color

Color seems to inspire me the most. I love the feel and memories that color inspires. There are certain colors that I feel I am most creative around and I try to pull pictures that show colors.


I LOVE PINK!!!!!




The coolness of these colors makes me feel filled with joy and ready to work.

Style

Style of items gives me inspiration. I love vintage items. I never used to, but I am finding that as I get older and trying to get more in touch with myself, I am a vintage person!



Needs

Lastly, I try to find inspiration by looking at blog postings that show what I need. Ultimately, in this project I need organization ideas.






So, that's how my inspiration works, usually. What inspires you with your projects? Don't forget to check out Ms. Sarah's "Define Your Blog"!

3 comments:

laxsupermom said...

I'm like you. I get inspired by a lot of what I see in blogland. Sometimes it's color or shape or I'll love an idea that'll get the ball rolling to help me create my own something. Thanks for sharing.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love this post full of fun inspiration photos. Oh to have a craft room like one of those! It's great to give and take inspiration from blogland.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

What a great post!! I love finding inspiration too! But I think what I love most is the way you can give the same inspiration to ten different people and they'll each interpret it in a different way.

I'm so glad we found each other's blogs. I've been really enjoying getting to know you more.

Sarahx