Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Baby Shower

OK, I know it isn't the norm to have a Cinco de Mayo baby shower, but when your baby is due on Cinco de Mayo, you are bound to have a partying kid! Seriously, I have a co-worker that is due on 5 May 2011 and several of us are putting together her shower and went with the Cinco de Mayo theme. So, besides all the normal Mexican decorations I added a paper sour cream container with a cute little rattle, and the cutest ever tricycle diaper cake.


I found directions to create these here: Dawns Stamping Thoughts

Now, I have to be honest, I got the great idea to create this type of diaper cake rather than the normal from Southern Fried Gal who has the greatest tutorial on her blog. When you are there, you need to look at her ENTIRE blog as she has some amazing stuff on there. Wait 'til you see the recipe for her Carrot Cake Cheesecake. YUM!!!!

Anyway, this is my creation using her tutorial. If I can do it, anyone can!







I hope you all enjoy! Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

Nancy said...

Haha that tricycle is so darn cute! Great idea for a baby shower, too! :) Nancy

Decor To Adore said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

aaawww.. so so cute!! What a lovely idea for a baby shower!

The Gilded Cherub said...

I just love the little bike you made, it is so sweet. I cannot wait to make one for a baby shower. Thank you for sharing.

Lorene
The Gilded Cherub blogspot

Southern Fried Gal said...

Your trike turned out so cute. I love the daisy ribbon. Thanks for the shout out!

p.s. We got married on May 6. My hubby picked the date and later told me it was so he could remember it was the day after cinco de mayo - ha!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

That is one of the coolest ideas for a baby present that I've ever seen! Now I just have to think who to give it to!!!

I'm so pleased I found your blog!

Sarahx

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So sweet- and sounds like it will be a fun party! Thanks for sharing at FNF!

Mel Creates Often said...

What, a diaper tricycle! That is too cute. I found you over at Homemaker on a Dime's blog hop, and thought I'd follow you. Have a good day!

Mel Creates Often said...

You might want to put your google follow button up closer to the top. I almost missed it and left your blog. Looks like you get a lot of views, so I thought that might help.

Jill said...

Great tricycle! and I love the cute rattle too!

I found you on the creative blog hop. I’m following you now and hope you’ll stop by my blog sometime too! Have a lovely week.
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

That diaper tricycle is perfect for a baby shower. Great job! Thank you for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) I hope you'll join us again starting 5 pm this Sunday, PST.