Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thank you to Sizzix!!!!!

I have to tell you all about my misfortune and how it turned out to be amazing! I am a huge Craigslist fan and shop for everything imaginable on there. Recently, I found a Sizzix Big Shot with about 20 texture plates for $55. Well, I jumped at the chance to get it (since I can't afford my Vagabond yet). I even had to drive 2 hours to pick it up...but for $55 for all that, you know I did it!

Anyway, I get the item home and I am so excited I have to try it immediately. Well, the arm won't crank on it. I think I'm doing something wrong as I have never used one before. I try and try and I can only move it a tiny bit.

Now, I have to say...I have NEVER been burned on buying anything on Craigslist until NOW!!!!!!!!!!! I was so upset as it was my last $55 I spent on this until payday. I emailed the older woman I bought it from and no response...Go figure! I tried to see what was wrong with the unit. I took the arm off to find the crankshaft completely bent and twisted.

I called Sizzix about a week later to find out that I can order the crankshaft from them for $5. I was so excited again. I can fix my baby. I wanted it quickly so I gave them my fedex acct number and they shipped it to me and I had it the next day. I immediately put the new crankshaft in and to my dismay, it still wouldn't turn. I couldn't understand what was going on. I called Sizzix again and they said, don't worry about it, I'll send you out a NEW MACHINE!!! I said really? Do I need to send this one back to you? She said no, don't worry about it, throw it out. I almost died right there and then.

This was on Friday, I was home sick yesterday...but guess what came? MY brand new Big Shot! I put the arm on and guess what...it TURNED. WooHoo!!! I am in business again! I sat there finding all sorts of scraps to play with. I was like a little kid in the candy store.

So, I guess I share this to let you know that I will now always be a fan of Sizzix and their customer service is amazing. Of course, at this point, with the shipping, etc. it has cost me more than if I just bought one new. But, what a good feeling I have about Sizzix now.

I have an online business that I am constantly trying to grow and their requirements are so high that I can't buy from Sizzix directly, I have to go to a distributor to buy their items to sell. However, I will be buying more now.

I absolutely recommend Sizzix to anyone!

P.S. I made my first card with my Big Shot last night for my son's basketball coach. I had to texturize the basketball on the card.

0 comments: