Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tim Holtz take on a brick wall card

I am in a swap and needed to create a brick card.  You can find the directions here:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/brickwall/.  I am not one for creating things the way they are supposed to.  I love Tim Holtz and try to really try to expand my creative horizons.  So, I new I wanted my brick wall card to be different and I decided to be 3D.  So, I stamped one of Tim’s stamps onto some paper and colored it in with my Prismacolor colored pencils.  I thought it looked a little flat.  So, I took the new fall Glimmer Mist colors and spritzed some around the paper and used the technique that Heidi Swapp teaches with the paper towels and the brayer.  I then stamped another image of the same stamp onto another piece of paper (the same color).  I cut that image up into the “bricks”, inked the edges with Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  At this point, I attached them to the original picture with pop dots.  I attached them so that the background image would display through every other brick.  I then found some Bazzil cardstock that pulled some of the Dragonfly Glimmer Mist out a little, used a shear orange ribbon that I thought contrasted with it well and attached to a card front.

What do you think of it now?

0 comments: