Friday, July 17, 2009
OK, it has been a while, but I had a large project due and have been quite busy at work. But, here it is...my glass etching project. I started with regular beer glasses that I bought at Home Goods. I found a coat of arms for the client out on the internet, downloaded it and changed its wording, etc. in Adobe Photoshop. Then I converted the image to an SVG so that I can cut it with SCAL. I cut this out on some scrap vinyl that I had around and then put on the glass. Can I say, the biggest problem I had with this was the transfer tape. I just found out about some new transfer tape that is supposed to be better so will keep you posted if I can get my hands on it and it works well. Other than that, these glasses went pretty easily...just time consuming with all the tiny detail! Hope you like.
Posted by Nancy Watson at 8:45 AM